onsdag 20 augusti 2008

Home sweet home...

Every home has a special scent.
In my apartment that scent is spelled : Yankee Candle Clean Cotton.
Just got back home from our second and for this year last roadtrip.
And when i opened the door that warm and kind of
" I have just cleaned "-scent came right at me.
Maybe i am addicted to candles...or not every candle..no, it has to be Yankee.
In the winter i buy ; Christmas Eve & Cinnamon stick
The spring ; Granny Smith & Fresh cut Roses
The summer ; Island Spa & Country linen
And in the autumn ; Clean cotton.

Well, like I said... just got home from Vadstena.
I can tell you things about that town for hours...but I wont.
I will just tell you somethings about what we did, saw and eat...
We lived in this beautiful castle, with light green wallpaper, big golden chandeliers and a view you could kill for.
I went to the big fortress where i have been so many times before, but i cant get tired of feeling the stonewalls beneath my hands, the beautiful paintings of kings and queens and the windows with the most exquisite details...
And i couldnt help but smiled when i heard the guide talking about all great things that had happend here cus I all ready knew it.. I have heard that story since i was just a little girl.
Still it fascinates me.
We went to the big medieval church and listen to a concert with songs from the monastery and if I could have those girls singing those songs for me every night, I think I had fallen a sleep even quicker then I do now...
I lighted a candle for people who needed it and sent some prayers that I hope got there also.
The windows in that church is amazing.
I could stand still, just watching those for hours.
Its something about the light that makes it almost glowing.
The pictures carefully painted in the glass, the ikons and saints and the smell of candles burning out is very special.
My favourite restaurant is placed in this town.
Rådhuskällaren.
With the same menu every year, I know exactly what i will have.
Perfect medium rare meat, good wine and that chocolate cake i have told you about earlier.
Mmm... a girl could be in heaven for less then that...trust me.
So...we eat, we drank and we had the time of our lifes...As always.
Its nice to leave this town for a while but its also very nice coming back.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

hehe.. i wish u send a copy of your blog to this forgetfull man everyday so ı wont forget..thanx again for the people u prayed for:D