fredag 12 september 2008

A night at the beach...

After a really lazy day at home it felt good to get some fresh air.
I could really smell the fall in the air so I took my new winter jacket on, for the first time this year.
We took the car down to the beach and walked for an hour or so...
Its something about hearing the waves breaking, the seagulls singing and nothing more...
Like a silent pleasure.
Guess it was to cold for the rest of the inhabitants in this town cus We did not meet anyone.
I wanna get my book-feeling back.
Cus those days I have read nothing.
And I love to read...really, so I need to take the time to just put some tea on, switch the tv off and take my "home" clothes on... Usually just some hotpants and a top and sit down in the corner of the sofa...
Loosing myself into the characters in the book.
Maybe some medieval maid, a demanding king or like in my new book: a muslim prison-girl fron Teheran.
I have always read only books about the middle-age or at least about the 1600-century.
Not necessarily true stories but the middle age have always, since I was just a little girl, had a special place in my heart.
But..Now I have start to read some biography-books.
Mostly about muslim women and their tragic lifestyle with violence and sadness.
Its different for me to read something that came from a writers heart and that I know is real.
And I am very glad that some of You who read my blog have bought my favourite of those books "Thousend splendid suns"
I know You will love it as much as I did.
Its impossible to not leave a trace of feelings after a book like that.
Now I have some hot vegetable soup in the kitchen and some nice and cold drinks in the fridge.
Enjoy Your weekend People!

Inga kommentarer: