tisdag 23 september 2008

What can we do?

Some of You who know me knows I have a thing about learing how people with other religions live their lifes-
I am truly intersested about other ways to live and other peoples way to think.
Last night I saw a docomentary about a muslim family in Syria and the father there had 10 daugthers he must get married.
The first girl was just 13.
The second was 15 but refuse to get married to a 40 year old cousin.
She had 3 choises : Take poison, get burned alive or leave the family and become a prostitute.
She took poison.
She survived and got beat up by her father, cus she had given the family a bad credit.
One of the daugthers was getting raped and beaten by her old husband.
Cus as her father said; a man can hit his woman if she is difficult.
And its okey to kill a daugther if she not does as the father says.
"Its like cutting of a bad finger"
The mother replied: What can I do?He will kill me also,just becuse he can.
How awful.
How can a father speak like that about his child?
I never let people or movies get to me.
This time I had no choice.I cried and wondered how this could happend?
What can I do?
The girls was not allowed to leave the house alone.
Not be able to walk outside with their friends,
Neither show their beautiful hair to strangers.
I really hope people who saw this movie not think this is about muslims.
Cus there is not about religion when people act like this.
No where is it written in the Koran that a father can do this.
No where is it written in the Bible.
Its cus the power is on the men and their sick way to see women as a possession.

Inga kommentarer: